You’ve done the hard work of identifying campaign priorities, inviting feedback from potential major donors and built a development infrastructure necessary to conduct a major fundraising campaign.
It’s time to build a robust team of volunteer leaders with the philanthropic capacity, inclination and personal and professional networks to help propel your campaign to success. In this webinar, our Gonser Gerber faculty will review the most effective ways to recruit and train volunteers and make the best use of their talents, skills, and influence during your campaign that are time-tested and volunteer approved.
What We Will Cover
- Identifying prospective campaign volunteers and developing recruitment strategies
- Using position descriptions to articulate and refine volunteer expectations
- Defining the various roles volunteers can play effectively in a campaign
- Structuring and planning meetings to make the best use of volunteers’ time
- Training your volunteers to ensure their success
- Building a strong partnership between volunteers and staff
- Following up and staying in touch – methods and measures
- When to let a volunteer do it on their own!
The fee for this webinar is $295 per institution, which allows your entire team the opportunity to participate in this professional development at the same time. If you are a current client of Gonser Gerber Advancement Consulting, that fee is just $145. You will also receive a copy of the presentation and a recording of the webinar with your registration. This webinar is a broadcast of a recorded program, so any of your questions will be addressed in a follow-up email message at a later date.
Who Should Attend
- Mid-level Advancement Professionals – For staff who already know the basics and need to refine skills in defined areas.
- New to Advancement – For professionals new to the advancement profession – whether this is your first job or you’re a workforce veteran.
- Campaign Volunteer Leaders and Professional Staff
- Chief Advancement Officers
- Development Directors
- Major Gift and Planned Giving staff
- Annual Giving staff
- Alumni/Constituent Relations staff
- Campaign staff
- Communications and Public Relations staff
Charlie Shepard, Senior Consultant at Gonser Gerber, provides development consulting services to non-profit organizations, including developing and strengthening Boards, gift programs, campaign planning and execution, advancement team building, and other aspects of institutional advancement. Prior to joining Gonser Gerber, Charlie served the Advancement field for more than 18 years, with his most recent position as Vice President for Institutional Advancement at Asbury University in Kentucky and The University of Findlay in Ohio.