Ron, Partner since 2003, has more than 30 years of advancement experience at various levels. Prior to joining Gonser Gerber in 2000, he was Vice President for Seminary Relations and Development at McCormick Theological Seminary, Chicago, Illinois. There he was responsible for all aspects of constituency relations, public relations, and development, including a $25 million comprehensive campaign.
Previously Ron served for sixteen years at Goshen College in Indiana as Assistant to the President, and Director of Uncommon Cause Century Two, a comprehensive campaign that was successfully completed with commitments of $51 million. He served as Director of College Relations and, before that, Associate Director of College Relations also at Goshen College. He held additional executive leadership positions with Elkhart County Council on Aging, Mennonite Board of Missions, and Youth Village — all in Elkhart, Indiana.
Ron Gunden’s consulting service areas include:
- Comprehensive campaigns
- Building major gift programs
- Annual giving campaigns
- Capital campaigns
- Planned giving programs
- Board development
- Working with volunteers
- Strategic planning and communications
Ron’s current and previous clients include institutions and organizations such as:
- Colleges and Universities
- Social service organizations
- Religious orders
Education & Achievements
- B.A. in Social Welfare from Goshen College
- M.S.W. degree from California State University, Fresno
- Post-graduate Studies in Administration at the University of Notre Dame
- Member of several professional organizations, including Council for Advancement and Support of Education, Association of Fundraising Professionals, Association of Healthcare Philanthropy, the Chicago Council on Planned Giving.
- Active in the Development and Institutional Advancement Program (DIAP) of the Association of Theological Schools.
- Past volunteer work includes service on the Elkhart City Board of School Trustees, and 15 year membership in the Elkhart Rotary Club.