Gonser Gerber Institute
You want to be more effective and grow professionally. You want to be better at what you do. Gonser Gerber Institute is a new division that will provide a variety of training and other professional-development opportunities for you that go far beyond the conferences you typically attend. This is a real-world classroom education featuring customized workshops, broad-based conferences, webcasts, and publications on topics of import and interest. Our faculty helps you think differently and work more effectively – enhancing your value. We are reinventing professional development for advancement professionals by filling the void in the resources and programs available to help people in the fields of institutional advancement, fundraising and nonprofit leadership to develop their skills and to learn from others in their same profession.
Gonser Gerber Institute offers:
- The Annual Gonser Gerber Conference: Every August clients and non-clients gather for a the two-day Gonser Gerber Annual Conference in Chicago. The conference topic changes each year.
- Workshops offered at strategic locations nationally offering the opportunity to explore a specific theme thoroughly and with a tangible “work plan” as a deliverable to take home. Examples of conference topics include:
- Building Stronger and More Effective Governing Boards, Foundation Boards, and Advisory Councils
- Preparing for a Comprehensive Campaign
- The Data Driven Advancement Division
- Webinars to be viewed at your convenience on topics of import and interest such as:
- Phonathon Essentials – How to Script Calls to Enhance Your Gift to Pledge Ratio
- Accurately Reporting Alumni Participation Numbers to U.S. News
- Parent Giving: Engagement Strategies to Enhance Parent Participation in Independent High Schools
- Using Planned Gift Solicitations to Enhance Major Gift Results
- Customized workshops and educational conferences that come to you, on your campus covering topics such as:
- Enhancing Database Management and Gift Reporting Systems
- Implementing a Team Approach to Alumni Affairs and Development Initiatives
- Creating and Implementing Our Brand Electronically
- Production of books, blogs, magazine articles, etc. on topics of import and interest, including the Bulletin on Advancement.