Over the last 16 months, it has become clear that institutions and their leaders need a variety of strategies to connect quickly and transparently with constituents to educate, inform, build trust, encourage, and support. Gone are the days when one magazine a year produced by the communications and marketing team is enough to promote your institution and make your community feel connected.
Social media platforms are now dominating the way we exchange information quickly and inexpensively, yet the full measure of these tools is not being utilized by many college and university leaders. While many institutions utilize social media to share updates and information and involve students and other members of the campus community in engaging content such as personal storytelling and photo/video sharing, top leaders remain mostly silent on these channels. Whether it is due to a lack of time or a general uneasiness with social media, many presidents and other leaders are left on the sidelines and institutions are missing opportunities because of it.
In this webinar, hosted by Dr. Jason McNeal, Gonser Gerber Partner, and Dr. Keith Carver, Chancellor at the University of Tennessee at Martin, we will review the ways in which your institutional leadership can use social media tools to effectively engage with your constituents. We will detail specific strategies to involve even the most reluctant leaders to engage with social media. When constituents experience leaders as real people via social media channels, institutional momentum and progress are more easily achieved.
Topics we will cover include:
- Why engaging your president or chancellor on social media matters to your institution
- Strategies to engage reluctant leaders on social media
- What leadership should know about their social media engagement
- Tools to make managing it all easier
- Social media presence versus message
- Making the social media presence of a leader a habit that grows over time
The fee is $295 per institution, which allows your entire team the opportunity to participate in this professional development at the same time. If you are a current client of Gonser Gerber Advancement Consulting, that fee is just $145. You will also receive a copy of the presentation and a recording of the webinar with your registration.
Who Should Attend
- This program is intended for nonprofit and educational leaders and those who support their work, including chancellors, presidents, executive directors, CEOs, and marketing, communications, and advancement leaders.