Date: Tuesday, September 12, 2023 Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm central Location: Virtual Workshop
This virtual workshop will help advancement, academic, and administrative leaders in higher education position and engage advisory councils and boards for greater success.
In today’s complex environment, it has never been more critical to have the right people in place to provide counsel, advice, and support on key issues and to serve as advocates in support of your institution’s plans and growth.
Successfully advancing your institution, college, or program to achieve strategic priorities is dependent on the thoughtful engagement of people who possess both the willingness and the capacities to be helpful. But just having an advisory council or board that meets a few times a year is not enough. Whether it is an alumni council, a parents’ council, a College-wide or even an institution-wide advisory council, those institutions that effectively engage key volunteers in dynamic group settings are better positioned to deliver on their mission and achieve an inspiring vision for their future.
This one-day virtual workshop, brought to you by the Gonser Gerber Institute, will provide higher education leaders with real-world, proven strategies and exciting new concepts in recruiting, building, managing and maintaining strong advisory councils and boards. If you currently have advisory councils or boards that are not fully helping you advance your institution, or if you are thinking of starting an advisory council, this workshop is for you!
- Volunteers with Vision: The Role of Advisory Councils and Boards for Your Institutional Success in Advancement
- Innovative Techniques for Identifying, Qualifying and Recruiting the Best Advisory Council Members
- Building Advisory Council Strategy and Effectiveness: Making Meetings Work
- Dynamic Engagement – The Importance of Term Limits, Evaluations, and Engaging Your Board Between Meetings
- Building Your Council’s Culture of Philanthropy
- Strengthening the Relationship Between Administrators, Deans, and Council: The Nexus of Institutional Success
This virtual workshop is highly interactive. Therefore, the program is limited to the first 15 registrants so that the participant experience is enhanced and questions directly related to the participants’ experiences and circumstances can be addressed. Make your plans to attend today!
Who Should Attend
This program is designed as a strategic resource for senior-level and mid-level leaders. If you are new to advancement, this will help you gain the skills you need to lead effective advisory councils and boards. If you are a seasoned veteran, this will push you to bring new ideas on how to work with your advisory groups.
- Presidents, Chancellors, and Institutionally-Related Foundation CEOs
- Chief Advancement Officers including Vice Presidents, Assistant Vice Presidents and Associate Vice Presidents or Development Directors
The fee for this one-day, Virtual Workshop is $595 for the first registrant, and $495 for each additional person from your institution. Current clients of Gonser Gerber consulting get a discounted rate of $495 per person. Attendance is limited to 15 people.
Jason McNeal, Ph.D., Gonser Gerber partner, is viewed as a trusted advisor by educational, healthcare, and nonprofit leaders throughout North America. Having served as the vice president for advancement at one of the 50 most historic colleges in the U.S., Jason been providing leadership and advancement consulting services for the last 15 years. Dr. McNeal is a frequent presenter and has written extensively on key issues for nonprofit fundraisers and leaders including his blog that you can find at http://www.jasonmcneal.com.